The prospect of completing a Self Assessment Tax Return may be daunting, with complexities in tax laws to navigate and sourcing the right paperwork and records such as pension, income, expenses, together with capital gains information.
At Mirandus, we see the Self Assessment Tax Return as a window into our client’s life and the best way for us to get to know each other very well. We aim to see that the right amount of tax is paid at the right time on the basis of full, accurate and timely disclosure.
You are likely to need to file a return if:
- You are a director of a UK company
- You are self-employed or operating as a partner of a partnership or LLP
- Your taxable income is over £100,000
- You receive un-taxed income not collected through a PAYE tax code
- You own land or property that is being let
- You have income from overseas
- You lived abroad and had a UK income
- You have savings over the HMRC allowance
- You are a trustee or Minister of religion
- You or your partner receive child benefit and your income is over £50,000
- Some employed individuals and pensioners may also need to file a Self-Assessment Tax Return depending on circumstances.
Mirandus has a wealth of experience working closely with clients completing and reviewing personal income and corporate tax returns. As standard, we offer a thorough review of your tax position and provide a Self Assessment quote based on your unique financial circumstances.
We can also offer professional advice and guidance on more complex tax and accounting issues and provide strategic tax planning advice on your business’ future issues or opportunities.
HMRC impose tough penalties for late filing of Self Assessment Tax Returns. Mirandus work on your behalf with HMRC for requests of information that may arise and ensure your returns are filed on time, whilst making sure you are making the most of the tax reliefs available to you.
Mirandus can provide a no obligation quote for a Self Assessment review of your circumstances, please contact us to see how we can help.
Click here to see the fees for our packages
It's a new year and i'm having a clearout and selling my personal things at car boot sales and online via gumtree. I am also self-employed and complete a tax return, do I need to [...]
Not all Directors have to complete a tax return Before July 2017, all directors of limited companies had an obligation to file tax returns. Since then, HMRC has made changes to its guidance on the [...]